Hi all, I went to go riding today and was trying the new saddle. Now I am
not the most coordinated person in the world and also English is so new to me.
 put that beautiful saddle on my pony and it fit him like it was made for him
and  so then we of course had to find the pad that would not let it slip.
That took a  couple tries. Then the good old Hilason non slip pad worked.  I
was
ready  to learn to mount that saddle. Since my pony is short I just stood up
on the  stair and threw my leg over and sat on him. But when it came time to
get off  something I must have forgotten to do and fell off getting off of him.
He of  course stood there sniffing me like are you nuts? What are you doing
under my  feet? Hanging on to my reins and your feet up in the air. It was a
very comical  move. My friend Kathy kept her cool and said how nice it was that
my horse fit  me so well and he has been trained to stand, when I do these fall
offs. (Thank  God.) She said you really would not want a bigger horse you
know. You just had  to be there. It was funny.
I tried a sensation saddle today and it felt like my legs had to be put on
backwards to ride. Or at least moved from my hips to my butt cheeks..It was the
 English dressage type and the right size for my seat but it felt too wide in
the  twist or would that have been the skito pad? It was the demo and a very
nice  saddle to look at. I would definitely have to have the hybrid with
stirrups  straps mounted forward of my butt cheeks.
I rode my Passier/Hanover Cavatina II dressage/trail with xwide tree 16.5
deep seat. Looks like the Gilbert. Same saddle type. Beautiful saddle really
nicely made but not particularly an Icelandic saddle except for the xwide
gullet
 and since it is only a 16.5 it is a small seat length. This will take some
getting used to for me to be comfortable riding that straight.
Sylvia
_www.Gemstonerottweilers.com_ (http://www.Gemstonerottweilers.com)    Check
out my top ten dogs.

fuel-efficient used cars.