> Well, if you breed two horses that require mechanical or other
> manipulation to gait properly, the odds are that their offspring will
> be of similar quality (ie., will require that their gait be made
> artificially).  Ensures plenty of work for future generations of
> trainers and professional riders.

Lynn, I think you mentioned the other day about the Paso gaits and
their concentration on good timing (purity of gaits), as opposed to
speed.  I think that's something that could be brought into the
Icelandic Horse world.

I think speed possibly deteriorates the gaits.  Maybe "deteriorate"
isn't the right word?

Opinions?

Judy