>>> I was amazed at how well she did.  I opened and closed the gate from her
>>> back coming and going.   She went over a row of poles someone had left
>>> out and weaved her way down a line of cones a few times.  She walked,
>>> trotted and gaited on the rail, did nice up and down transitions, backed
>>> readily.

That's great.  This is the phase where I don't think you and I would quibble
over details too much - not that we would any time.   She's getting exposure
to ALL her basics, in the ring and on the trail and that's what matters.

AND...if I had to guess, based on your past experience, I'll bet you are
giving her more guidance on the trail regarding the "finesse" details, and
if so, she is probably getting some "ring work" in the woods.    She sounds
lovely - but we do need more pictures of her!