>>> Trausti was doing a runningwalk at liberty today almost the full length
>>> of the pasture.  it was very pretty.  He had his nose tucked and a lot
>>> of front end action like a showhorse, snaking his head like
 a flashy arabian.

He's very pretty when he gaits.  Heck, he's pretty when he stands still.
He does have more knee action than many Icelandic's, but it's all natural,
and nothing like the chin-bangers we see in the show ring.  Of course,
Trausti is barefoot too - probably has never had shoes.  His comes from his
conformation - it's simply the motion that the natural angles of his joints
produce.  I wouldn't want to breed for any more knee action than he has, but
I'd put his in the "viva la difference" end of "normal."  I can't imagine
putting shoes or bell boots on him to make him have MORE.