The knee action comes from the angle his shoulder makes with his humerus
bone.  Don't you remember marking up the horses when Liz was here?
Trausti's shoulder/humerus angle is at one end of "normal", while Melnir's
is at the other.   (Again, one not really better than the other, just
different...)  Of course, I knew that before we marked them up - Melnir has
a very long reaching stride, while Trauti's is shorter and more animated.
Both are comfortable to ride - they are just different.