--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "ellwilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Connie,
> When I got my mare the first summer she also got two big swollen
> nodules under her jaw.

Thank you to those who responded to my post - I appreciate your
concern.  And thank you Janet for your phone call and advice.  I'll
keep you posted.

An update on Bo - he's walking a bit better today and the nodules under
his jaw seem to be a little smaller.  The swelling in his nose has also
gone down - it's almost back to normal.

As I shared with Janet (on a positive note), Bo hasn't gone off his
feed during his illness - his appetite is great and he's full of life.
He has had strangles in the past (a couple of separate episodes), so
I'm familiar with those sumptoms and how they affect his
eating/behavior.

I going to check him tomorrow morning, and if I don't see more
improvement, I'm planning calling my vet to obtain his x-rays and blood
test results and will call a different vet for a second opinion.

~Connie