I bought a product called Purina Equilizer which is, to my
understanding, vitamins and minerals not really grain, in pellet form.
 I also bought some milled flax.

So a few days ago I started giving each horse 1/4 cup of Equilizer
topped with a tbsp flax, tbsp kelp and a tbsp apple cider vinegar
mixed with water  -- after the first day of this serving they've been
waiting at the pasture gate each evening excited for more.  They
gobble it down with one eye on each other--first one done mosies over
to the other and tries to join in.  They lick the bowls clean and
still look for more.

Does it really taste that good?  Or does it mean they were needing the
supplement?

Virginia Tupper
NB, Canada