Yep, Skjoni will go all day on the trail at any speed you ask, will let a
pre-schooler take a beginner lesson on him, and he will humor me by agreeing
to a leg yield or a sidepass...  When you get all that he has to offer in
this breed, why on earth would anyone CARE what his neck looks like?
Skjoni is perfect - just ask anyone who's ever seen Cary with him at a Liz
Graves clinic.  No matter what question Liz asked Cary about Skjoni (what he
saw in his conformation, his gaits, etc.), Cary had one answer: "He looks
about perfect to me."  Liz still jokes about Cary's perfect pony.

Sometimes I wonder if the people who obsess about Icelandic necks, colors,
and evaluation numbers ever take time out and simply marvel at the joy and
wonder in their horses.  Cary certainly has that joy in his pony, as I do in
all of mine.