> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Nancy  Sturm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> Here's a poor image quality photo of why we stopped turning the horses
>> out
>> after dark.

I don't like turning mine out at night (after dark) either. I try to get
them in at sunset with some treats or pellets and then close up about 1.5
acres for them connected to the barn (which is always open for them to go in
and out of.). I worry about accidents or just animals wandering like coyotes
and bob cat, wild dogs, not that the coyote or bobcat would actually attack
but they could scare them into a fence, bad enough, but the wild packs of
dogs are nutso. I think they are missing brain cells.