If anyone is interested, I will try to keep an on-going thread based on what we
see with
Bart and Vinnie's feet.  These are real, born-in-the-wild Spanish mustangs,
whose breeding
hasn't been directed by humans in about 500 years.  When I met Bart, he'd never
had his
feet trimmed,  but they had them trimmed once about a month ago while the vet
had him
sedated for some other work.

Vinnie was born in the wild, but was taken into domesticity about 18 months
ago, when he
was a weanling.  He's had his feet trimmed many times.   Vinnie was in the
first round of
Corolla Banker horses brought in for adoption, but about 40 horses were adopted
before
him - I guess I was the first sucker to look past his small size and odd
conformation to
see a nischievious cutie pie with much curiosity and intelligence.