>>> bought a weaver texas star concho london tan set for his posse uniform
>>> and it is horse sized but had no problem adjusting the bridle to fit.
>>> The breast collar I am gonna have to put in a hole on the part that goes
>>> to the girth and it is purely decorative, does not add to stability at
>>> all really, not like the "hunter" type.  This type is called "australian
>>> stock" collar in jeffers catalog, endurance style by zilco, Tucker calls
>>> it "Montreal Trooper Breast collar" and some call it a "Hunter's Breast
>>> Plate" but whatever, it fits more snugly than a western and adds a lot
>>> to stability.

I've wondered if it's possible to add a wither strap to a western-style
breast collar, like the endurance/hunter breastcollars have.   It might not
work, but it would be worth looking into.  Janice, you might try comparing
the dimensions of the Zilco breastcollar pieces to the western breastcollar
pieces.   It might not work, but if it does, you could preserve your set
without spending a lot.