Hi again and thanks for the quick response.

I'm located in NY and my property is directly on 150 miles/ 9000+
acres of horse trails. My main interest is to ride the trails in
comfort. I have an older Morgan/Standardbred (that has been in my
life for years) but his trot is a killer. I had massive stomach
surgery 11 years ago and I get charlie horses in it when I ride him.
I have not had any problems when I ride an Icelandic. I can trot
(sit or post) but with my Nicky its just TOO much. Tolting once in
a while would be very nice.

Other than that I don't know what else I do with an Icelandic but
you never know the paths life will lead you down. Years ago I bought
a mini to go to nursing homes with and now I have 5 that drive in a
four-in-hand and compete in Combined Driving Events with pairs.
Of course we still do the nursing homes :-)

I'm looking for a horse that is probably two to three years old.
I plan on doing lots of ground work and when the maturity level is
there to start training it to drive and eventually after more
maturity, to saddle. Who knows after that where we'll go. I've
always been one to go with what the horse is telling me what they're
ready for and I'm not in a rush.

Lori