We were off the lead rein today and I was in charge of steering. It
went quite well. I accidentally applied the brakes a few times. she
is so sensitive to seat that the slightest tilt means halt. I'm
really glad to have a halt. We got tolt on the long side of the
arena. My instructress fell about laughing because she thought it was
the salsa. Both our bums were going to a beat. We also had a whole
series of other unbalanced and balanced gaits. The tolt was the most
comfortable. It seemed like it was the one Ofeig favours. Thank
goodness it wasn't the hard pace she does in the paddock. Well, we
are off to a good start. Lara had good news that a disabled rider
from hong Kong wants to buy her horse to ride in the Beijing
Olympics. She isn't sure about selling her. I told her she could
always ride Ofeig in the 2012 Olympics but she might get
disqualified. Lara rekons she would be very good at the lateral work
but she's not too sure about some of the strange gaits she produces.
I have got two weeks to practice before my next lesson. She is so
comfortable. I am over the moon. I will have to get some video soon.
I can't believe how lucky I am with her. She is going to be a great
trail riding horse.
Corrie is improving. Lara says she is moving better and she is much
happier.
The physio and foot care was back breaking at first. I am getting
used to it or she is more relaxed, more like.
Sue Coombes