>>> The No-see-ums have exploded here and while we have been able to keep
>>> the reactions under control mostly - it's a twice a day battle - watch
>>> Tivar carefully.

So far, so good.  I just got in from checking him, and still no signs of
itchiness.  I've only been putting the Swat on his midline every 2-3 days,
solely relying on the EquiSpot, and so far....  Tonight, I sprayed him and
used the Swat, just for extra insurance though.

Bart's wound is the tougher project.  The flies love an open wound, so I'm
putting the VIP fly ointment on it 2-3 times per day.  Thank goodness he's
so docile, so I can go in and take care of him as needed.   Thank goodness
it's healing - with two horses staying in the barn and adjoining paddocks
most of the day, we have more flies at the barn than normal.  I was able to
sponge on a good application of Poridon a couple of days ago, and that seems
to be helping.