Google Goggles gets faster, smarter and solves Sudoku

http://goo.gl/ZB897

Today we’re launching a new version of Google Goggles that’s faster
and smarter than ever before. The new Goggles 1.3 client for Android
can scan barcodes almost instantly. All versions of Goggles can now
recognize print ads in popular magazines and newspapers. Finally,
Goggles has also learned a fun new trick for Sudoku fans.

Barcodes
When shopping offline, it’s helpful to be able to learn more about a
product by scanning its barcode. With the new Android version of
Google Goggles, scanning barcodes is much faster. Open Goggles and
hover over the barcode or QR code. Within a second the phone gently
vibrates and presents results, without requiring a button press.
Simply tap on the result to read product reviews, check in-store
availability and compare prices.

Print ads in magazines and newspapers
We’re excited to take another step in our vision of connecting offline
media to online media. The next time you're flipping through the pages
of your favorite magazine, try taking a picture of an ad with Goggles.
Goggles will recognize print ad and return web search results about
the product or brand. This new feature of Goggles is enabled for print
ads appearing in major U.S. magazines and newspapers from August 2010
onwards.

This feature is different from the marketing experiment that we
announced in November. We're now recognizing a much broader range of
ads than we initially included in our marketing experiment. And when
we recognize a print ad, we return web search results. While in the
experiment, we return a specific link to an external website.

Sudoku
Our favorite weekend distraction is a quiet 15 minutes spent solving a
Sudoku puzzle. But even that can be an frustrating experience if (like
us) you make a mistake and are unable to solve the puzzle. Now,
Goggles on Android and iPhone can recognize puzzles and provide
answers to help make you faster than a Sudoku champ. So if you ever
get stuck, take a clear picture of the entire puzzle with Goggles and
we’ll tell you the correct solution.

Google Goggles 1.3 with improved barcode scanning is available for
download in Android Market.

--
Salam,

Agus Hamonangan

Founder Indonesian Android Community
http://groups.google.com/group/id-android
Gtalk  : id.android
Follow : @agushamonangan
E-mail :  id.andr...@gmail.com

--
===============

HTC Android Phone with HTC Sense and HTCsense.com
http://www.htc.com/DesireHD/
---------------------
ID Android Developer
http://groups.google.com/group/id-android-dev