Transformers..roll out !!!

Yeah, yeah…. I know you have probably heard rumors since Thanksgiving of
last year claiming how Asus was going to drop ICS for the TF101 (original
Transformer) “sometime soon”. However, even though the rumors were verified
by ASUS themselves, they never actually had an official release and kept on
pushing the dates back, citing technical problems. Well, for those of you
who did not jump ship to other ICS powered devices and remained faithful to
the original show-stopper that forced the Xoom into submission (in terms of
pricing anyways), we have a set of good news coming from Taiwan. It seems
that Asus has officially started rolling out ICS to TW models of the tab.
Many people have reported that they are indeed getting FOTA updates and
notifications on their tabs regarding this new update.  The US counterpart
of the tablet will be getting ICS starting tomorrow according to a Tweet
directly from Asus (thanks Android
Police<http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/02/23/breaking-ice-cream-sandwich-update-for-asus-transformer-tf101-rolling-out-now-starting-with-taiwan/>for
the screenshot).

The one thing that you will need to keep in mind while frantically updating
your devices is that more than likely you will lose root privileges. So,
please ensure that you are willing to lose this to update. We are sure that
a rooting method will emerge shortly (update to Nacho Root maybe?), but
only time will tell. If you do not want to lose root and give ICS a shot,
there already exists an ICS port for this device and the release of this
rom, and its kernel will only help further its development, which has
advanced by leaps and bounds since we first covered it on the
Portal<http://www.xda-developers.com/android/early-ics-port-arrives-for-the-original-transformer/>.
This release will just help open the doors for further development on this
platform.

There is a full discussion thread in the Transformer General section. So,
if you have comments, feedback, or have something that you may be able to
throw in there (like a dump), please do so in that
thread<http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1500509&page=17>
.

Thanks again to Android Police for the information.

Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer.

Read full article at
http://<http://www.xda-developers.com/android/transformer-owners-rejoice-official-ics-rolling-out-now-in-taiwain-us-coming-tomorrow/>
www.xda<http://www.xda-developers.com/android/transformer-owners-rejoice-official-ics-rolling-out-now-in-taiwain-us-coming-tomorrow/>
-<http://www.xda-developers.com/android/transformer-owners-rejoice-official-ics-rolling-out-now-in-taiwain-us-coming-tomorrow/>
developers.com<http://www.xda-developers.com/android/transformer-owners-rejoice-official-ics-rolling-out-now-in-taiwain-us-coming-tomorrow/>
/android/transformer-owners-rejoice-official-<http://www.xda-developers.com/android/transformer-owners-rejoice-official-ics-rolling-out-now-in-taiwain-us-coming-tomorrow/>
ics<http://www.xda-developers.com/android/transformer-owners-rejoice-official-ics-rolling-out-now-in-taiwain-us-coming-tomorrow/>
-rolling-out-now-in-<http://www.xda-developers.com/android/transformer-owners-rejoice-official-ics-rolling-out-now-in-taiwain-us-coming-tomorrow/>
taiwain<http://www.xda-developers.com/android/transformer-owners-rejoice-official-ics-rolling-out-now-in-taiwain-us-coming-tomorrow/>
-us-coming-tomorrow/<http://www.xda-developers.com/android/transformer-owners-rejoice-official-ics-rolling-out-now-in-taiwain-us-coming-tomorrow/>

DD : webOS 2.2.4
        ICS 4.0.3

--
"Indonesian Android Community"  Join: http://forum.android.or.id

===============
Download Aplikasi Kompas  versi Digital dan Keren
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.kompas.android.kec
--------------------------
Gunakan Paket Unlimited Data XL Mobile Broadband
http://www.xl.co.id/XLInternet/BroadbandInternet
---------------------
Lex-ON  http://www.Lex-ON.com - Plaza Semanggi
E-mail: sa...@lex-on.com  Tlp: 021-70952539