panjang yah, coba bahasa indonesia, lebih betah bacanya.

On Saturday, June 30, 2012, Defriando Riza <defriando.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fyi.. Nexus evolution..
>
> It all started as a little experiment. A couple months after Motorola,
Verizon, and Google launched the first Motorola Droid as the exclusive
launch device of Android 2.0 Eclair, Google introduced the Nexus One in
January of 2012. Manufactured by HTC, the phone would not only act as the
first device to run Android 2.1, but it would do so while attempting to
change the way consumers made their smartphone purchases. Rather than
heading to a carrier store and signing away the next two years of mobile
independence to purchase the handset at a subsidized pricing, Google would
offer the phone directly at full price and give buyers the freedom to
choose their own service provider. But the experiment failed and Google
soon dropped out of the device sales game.

> Nexus One
>

> Back then the Nexus One was top of the line hardware. It featured a 1GHz
Snapdragon processor, 3.7-inch 480×800 AMOLED display, and a 5MP camera.
Today these specs wouldn’t even suit most mid-range devices, but the N1
will forever stand as one of the best examples of an Android handset ever
produced.  It also set the precedent for future Nexus releases. Each
handset would usher in a new version of Android, and Google promised that
all manufacturers would have a chance to earn themselves a Nexus device in
their lineup.

> But the Nexus One was not commercially successful, despite Google
ditching its initial strategy and eventually launching the handset via the
normal carrier model. Later in 2010 it became the first handset to be
treated to Android 2.2 Froyo. Hardcore fans and developers lived and died
by the Nexus One, its trackball becoming an Android icon, but soon better
hardware was making its way to market and the N1 slowly fell from
popularity.

> Nexus S
>

> By December 2010 Google was ready to launch the next iteration of
Android, Gingerbread, and a new Nexus device was in order. This time
Samsung was tasked with developing the phone after the tremendous global
popularity of their Galaxy S phone. Largely based on the same hardware, the
Samsung Nexus S featured a larger display than its predecessor at 4.0
inches, this time utilizing Super AMOLED technology to provide brilliant
image quality despite featuring the same screen resolution as the Nexus
One. The phone still ran on a 1GHz processor, but it was built around
Samsung’s Hummingbird platform. New features included a front-facing camera
and NFC support, both slightly ahead of their time but vital to shaping the
future of Google’s mobile OS.

> The Nexus S launched with a more traditional sales model and soon became
a hit among Android die-hards, as with Nexus One before it. The phone
became the standard for Android 2.3 development, but once again more
powerful hardware and new software advancements began to make the handset
feel dated in some aspects. Cleaning up the Android code to offer better
performance meant that the Nexus S would not soon be relegated to
obsolescence, but for the biggest Android update to date Google needed
something that offered a bit more.

> Galaxy Nexus
>

> After branching off of the original Android tree to develop Honeycomb, a
tablet-oriented version of the OS that did not feature its own Nexus
device, Google decided it was time to bring things back together. They did
so with the launch of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and another
Samsung-made phone, the Galaxy Nexus in December 2011. This time based
around the Galaxy S II, the Galaxy Nexus was the first in the line to
feature multi-core processing, an HD display, and LTE connectivity.

> The hardware provided the perfect platform for the sweeping changes the
Android Team made to Ice Cream Sandwich’s user interface and functionality,
and the device still stands as the development platform for the newly
announced Jelly Bean iteration of the operating system. Android 4.1 was not
without its own launch device, however.

> Nexus 7
>

> Rumors of a Nexus tablet can be traced all the way back to the Nexus One
and Nexus S, when Apple’s iPad was just starting to take hold of the world.
With the launch of Android 4.1, the rumors finally became a reality.
Designed by ASUS and based around NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 platform, the 7-inch
slate features quad-core processing and all the other marks of a modern
tablet deemed worthy of Google developer status. This of course includes
features like NFC and wireless connectivity ranging from WiFi to Bluetooth.

> But more so than it’s hardware or new software, the Nexus 7 will be known
as Google’s first big push back into device sales since the Nexus One.
While the Galaxy Nexus recently became available for purchase directly from
Google, the Nexus 7 adopts an aggressive pricing strategy in hopes to
undercut the competition and bring the tablet to as many users as possible.
But the Nexus 7 would not be the only new device Google would offer for
sale, nor would it be the most unique form factor.

> Nexus Q
>

> Up to this point, all Nexus devices took on a familiar form. Even the
Nexus 7 didn’t buck the trend, despite its larger size. The Nexus Q isn’t
so easily categorized, a futuristic sphere designed to act as a social
media streaming hub. Controlled by Android devices, the Nexus Q can connect
to a TV or set of speakers to play back music, video, and web content. It
is built up using some of the same hardware found in the Galaxy Nexus and
runs Android, but Google isn’t planning to sell the device as some sort of
Android PC. The Nexus Q is more about the experience of interacting with
others, using the cloud to store and share music libraries or movies.

> The Future of Nexus
>
> So what’s next for the Nexus line? Perhaps a more obvious choice than the
Nexus Q may have been a Nexus device running Google TV, the internet TV
platform Google had little to say about during the I/O show that saw the
unveiling of Android Jelly Bean, the Nexus 7, and Nexus Q. It makes sense
for Google to feature a Nexus product for each of their Android-based
platforms, from tablet to television. And what about future Nexus
smartphones? We’d guess a quad-core processor and HD display is almost a
given. But can we expect the release pattern to remain the same? And if so,
who is on tap for the next edition?

> While it can’t be said for certain, the launch of two new Nexus devices
simultaneously suggests Google may be shifting from their one-device-a-year
flagship release strategy. The timing of Jelly Bean flips the script a bit,
and we may have to wait for a new Android version to see the next Nexus.
However, recent whisperings suggest that Google may launch an entire lineup
of Nexus phones from various manufacturers later in the year and sell them
all directly via their Google Play Store. One thing is for sure, the Nexus
has been the pulse of Android, both in the realms of software and hardware,
since the line was first introduced in January of 2010. Each new device
sets a precedent for all those to follow, offering an example of how to
beautifully marry advancing software functionality with powerful hardware
design.

http://phandroid.com/2012/06/29/the-evolution-of-nexus-a-look-at-all-google-nexus-devices-to-date/

--
"Indonesian Android Community"  Join: http://forum.android.or.id

===============
Download Aplikasi Kompas  versi Digital dan Keren
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kompas.android.kec
--------------------------
Download Aplikasi AR "MONSTAR" dari Indosat
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ar.monstarunity
---------------------
Lex-ON  http://www.Lex-ON.com - Plaza Semanggi
E-mail: sa...@lex-on.com  Tlp: 021-70952539