Accessories for the HTC-made Nexus One have begun appearing in
T-Mobile retail stores. Is T-Mobile preparing to stock the Nexus One?
If so, does that mean Google is giving up on its plans to sell Android
devices directly to consumers? Also, an "Incredible" device is
preparing to launch with Verizon Wireless.

T-Mobile retail stores have received shipments of protective cases for
the Nexus One, among several other accessories for the device. I can
think of just a two reasons why T-Mobile might be stocking Nexus One
accessories:

1. T-Mobile is going to offer the Nexus One for sale to consumers from
its stores.

2. T-Mobile wants to support its customers, and knows that its Nexus
One users might like to have access to and purchase accessories for
their devices.

T-Mobile is the kind of customer-focused company that number 2 above
makes sense. I have a harder time believing that T-Mobile is going to
sell the Nexus One itself. Google has been the sole source for
consumers to purchase the Nexus One. Customers can buy it with or
without contract, and it is available in variants that support the
networks of T-Mobile, and AT&T and Sprint.

I think Google will always remain a source for the Nexus One and its
progeny, but it would behoove Google to offer the device through more
channels. Sales of the Nexus One haven't exactly been super hot.

In other Android news, Verizon Wireless has stepped up its efforts to
tease customers with new billboards. The billboards in question note
that new products are coming "really soon." Many in the blogosphere
think it will be the Verizon variant of the Nexus One, which is being
dubbed the "Incredible." That's certainly possible. HTC has to have
finalized the CDMA version of the Nexus One. There's one big thing the
blogosphere is overlooking, however.

Verizon has said that the Nexus One will indeed work on its network,
but Verizon itself is not going to sell the Nexus One. Google is. So
why, then, would Verizon Wireless be marketing new phones that it
isn't going to sell?

My theory is that the Verizon billboards don't refer to the Nexus One
/ Incredible at all, but instead refer to the Microsoft Project Pink
phones, which are being announced in San Francisco next week

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2010/04/google_giving_u.html

--
Salam,

Agus Hamonangan