We have to admit that when the Motorola Milestone
</motorola-milestone>XT720 was made
official with a mere 550Mhz squeaked out of its OMAP 3440 processor and
256MB of RAM
<http://phandroid.com/2010/06/07/motorola-milestone-xt720-gets-official-still-no-motoroi-details/>it
made us scratch our heads and wonder how such a multimedia-centric phone
(with HD video recording) could have such mid-range specs. It now seems that
Motorola has agreed, deciding to up the clock speed of the XT720’s processor
to 720Mhz (a speed it is well capable of at perhaps the cost of some battery
life) and beefed up the RAM to 512MB. Now we’re talking. This will bring the
XT720 much more up to speed with other phones coming to market boasting 720p
video recording.

 <http://phandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/10x0610mengrocer0z.jpg>

The Milestone XT720 featuring 720Mhz of CPU and 720p video recording
(noticing a theme?) hits Europe later this
month<http://phandroid.com/2010/06/08/sim-free-milestone-xt720-arriving-in-the-uk-on-july-2nd/>,
and could very well be headed to T-Mobile’s
bands<http://phandroid.com/2010/06/09/motorola-milestone-xt720-gets-t-mobile-bands/>in
the US at an undisclosed date.

[via
Engadget<http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/10/motorola-boosts-milestone-xt720-spec-to-720mhz-cpu-and-512mb-ram/>