Copas dari blog treocentral
untuk ke depan Palm masih aman ... ditunggu nih tengah tahun 2009, new
Palm OS II

*Elevation Releases Statement on Palm's Progress*
<http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2212-1.htm>
* Stories <http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/index.htm> >>
Business <http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/index-4.htm> - Nov
25th - 10:43 PM EST | By Jennifer Chappell
<http://www.treocentral.com/content/About/authors.htm?id=66>
*

Dieter recently wrote
<http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2205-1.htm> that Palm is
laying off as many as 200 people worldwide. We reported
<http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2210-1.htm> today that
CNBC's Jim Goldman had given Palm a thumbs down after hearing that
Elevation Partners
<http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1394-1.htm>, Palm's huge
financial backer, might be looking to unload its stake in Palm.

Palm Infocenter is reporting
<http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/7251/elevation-statement-on-palm-progress/>
that as a result of that analyst report, Elevation Partners co-founder
and Palm Board member Roger McNanmee, has released a statement
reasserting their position. Mr. McNanmee stated that Elevation remains
very excited about Palm's progress and next generation operating system
and they have no plans to back out of their Palm investment. Below is
the statement in full:

    /Elevation Partners is very pleased with the progress Ed Colligan,
    Jon Rubinstein and the entire Palm team are making. The Company's
    product pipeline, including a next generation operating system due
    out soon and a new device targeted for the first half of 2009,
    excite us enormously. Elevation supports Palm in taking the
    difficult but necessary steps required to migrate from legacy
    products. We have a very long-term investment horizon and have no
    plans to exit our investment in Palm./

Well, that sure is good to hear! I'm happy to know that Elevation
Partners has that confidence in Palm. A company would have to have a lot
of confidence in any company in which it invests $325 million anyway. I
still have confidence in Palm and I can't wait to see what they bring to
us in the first half of 2009.