On 6/12/2023 8:49 PM, Sarvi, Kayvon B wrote:

The LACC Math Department would like to consider using IDLE for teaching our courses. We kindlyrequestaVPAT/WCAG 2.1of IDLEfor LACCD District's LTI Review Team to review the accessibility requirements. Please provide theVPAT/WCAG 2.1in PDF or Word document for our college district review process.

I have no idea what VPAT/WCAG is. In any case, CPython is a volunteer project distributed for no cost. We generally leave it to potential users or 3rd parties to evaluate its suitability.

That said, IDLE uses the tcl/tk GUI framework, which I believe lacks some modern accessibility features. From what I have read, tk does not have, for instance, proper compatibility with screen readers.

--
Terry Jan Reedy