--- Start of Idrisi List message
Dear list members,

I am trying to import 1/250,000 land use/land cover files from a USGS
website (http://edcwww.cr.usgs.gov/doc/edchome/ndcdb/ndcdb.html). The files
are supposedly in CTG format. Idrisi Help says that I have to specify the
layer I want to extract (layer 4 for lu/lc) but on the USGS website the
layers are already listed separately. When I go through the import
procedure with the file for lu/lc my whole image consists of zeros. It is
hard to believe that the four images I downloaded are all empty (I tried
Fresno, CA, Detroit, MI, Pensacola, FL and Daytona Beach, FL) but I do not
find a status map.
What am I missing?
Thanks.

Johan Liebens
Dept. of Environmental Studies
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, Fl 32514
USA
Phone: (850)4742065
Fax: (850)8576036
http://www.uwf.edu/environmental/

--- End of Idrisi List message

IDRISI-L is an unmoderated list. As a service to list users, please post a
summary of useful responses to your questions.
subscribe to the list, send an email from the address to be subscribed to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with "subscribe" (without quotes) as the first line
of the message body. To unsubscribe, do the same, only with "unsubscribe"
as the first line of the message body.