--- Start of Idrisi List message
Hi

I've just joined this list, I live in Missouri where I am a novice in the
GIS field. I require a step by step procedure for the masking of an image in
IDRISI.

I am using both supervised and unsupervised classificaion for land cover and
wish to exclude a majority of the aerial image to prevent classification of
unwanted areas (the wanted area is an irregular shape).

What I have done thus far:
* Original geo-rectified image was a TIF file... converted to an IDRISI
native image through tifidris (24-bit);
* New image split up into 3 bands with the use of Bipidris (8-bit / 24-bit)
for some classification modules;
* Both images from Bipidris (8-bit / 24-bit) formed with their respective
bands as two images in Composite (8-bit / 24-bit, saturation - 2.5%) for
unsupervised classification.

This is where I have got up to... in carrying out the various ways to
classify the imagary, I have come up with areas that are not to be
included... so I was wondering if anyone out there could give some
instructions on how to 'mask' the image?? Is it easy to do??

Cheers,
Morgan Feilen
Missouri