--- Start of Idrisi List message
Idrisians,

I am using a multi-criteria evaluation (MCE) to identify areas that contain
physical characteristics conducive to high baseflow production in area
streams.  I have identified 3 factors (physical attributes controlling the
input, storage, and movement of water) and have ranked each based on its
potential contribution to higher baseflow (very high, high, moderate, low,
very low).

Question: Is it more appropriate to scale these values linearly to the byte
range (0-255) for use with MCE or would scaling them using a Sigmoidal
distribution (FUZZY - fuzzy set membership function) be more appropriate?

Cheers,

Robert.

--- End of Idrisi List message

IDRISI-L is an unmoderated list. As a service to list users, please post a
summary of useful responses to your questions.
subscribe to the list, send an email from the address to be subscribed to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with "subscribe" (without quotes) as the first line
of the message body. To unsubscribe, do the same, only with "unsubscribe"
as the first line of the message body.