--- Start of Idrisi List message
Hi,
>Does anyone have a tip on how to change the black background color on
>24-bit composites from within Idrisi32? It uses up alot of ink
>unnecessarily. Will sum. Thanks.

Thanks to those who offered suggestions. None of them worked directly, but
they got me to think along the right line. The specific problem was as
follows. I have a window from a Landsat 7 scene which I have further masked
to show only the irregularly-shaped region of interest (background = 0).
When I create a 24-bit composite in Idrisi32 (e.g. bands 4,3,2), the
background is given a "true color" RGB value of 0,0,0 or black. To change
the black background to white, I started by reclassing the original boolean
mask background value (0) to 255. I used the overlay module with each band
to change the background value to 255. Finally, I created the composite.
The background had an RGB value of 255,255,255 or white. This isn't the
most efficient process, but it works.

Richard A. Rupp
Agricultural Research Technologist
Remote Sensing & GIS
Dept. of Crop & Soil Sciences
Washington State University
Pullman WA 99164-6420
Ph. 509.335.2381
FAX 509.335.8674

--- End of Idrisi List message

IDRISI-L is an unmoderated list. As a service to list users, please post a
summary of useful responses to your questions.
subscribe to the list, send an email from the address to be subscribed to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with "subscribe" (without quotes) as the first line
of the message body. To unsubscribe, do the same, only with "unsubscribe"
as the first line of the message body.