General Information for IETF 116

When booking your hotel, please be aware that the Intercontinental Yokohama
Grand (the primary IETF hotel) is a ten minute walk from the meeting venue,
PACIFICO Yokohama North. This meeting venue is different from the venue for
IETF 94. Please refer to the map [1] for more information.

The IETF 116 Welcome Reception will take place over three hours (versus the
typical two) from 1700-2000 on Sunday, March 26th at the PACIFICO Yokohama
North. Featuring a number of demonstrations from WIDE members, the reception
will also include more robust food and beverage options.

Social Event

The IETF 116 social event will take place on Thursday, March 30th. Please note
the day change, as social events are typically held on Tuesdays of the meeting
week. Thanks to our host WIDE, we are excited to announce that our social will
be held at the Osanbashi Hall. It promises to be a very special evening, with
more details to come soon!

Childcare

Thanks to the generous support of our Diversity and Inclusion Gold sponsors,
Akamai, Cisco and Huawei, and Bronze sponsors Comcast, ICANN, and Identity
Digital, we are excited to offer onsite childcare at IETF 116 in Yokohama.

After a well run service at IETF 115 in London, we are excited to announce that
Rose Event Nannies [2] will once again be joining us to provide childcare. This
service is offered free of charge to registered IETF participants and initially
provides space for up to ten children. We strongly encourage advance sign up to
give us sufficient time to investigate adding more space if this service
becomes fully booked. Profiles and photos of the nannies that will be caring
for your child(ren) during IETF 116 are now available online. Additional
information and the link to the form to sign up for the childcare services are
also available via the FAQ [3] page.

This is the IETF’s third time offering childcare at a meeting, following the
last successful edition at IETF 115. We would like to hear from parents how to
make this service as useful as possible. We are open to exploring additional or
alternative forms of childcare support for future meetings. Please send your
suggestions directly to supp...@ietf.org or to the public admin-discuss list.
[4]

[1]https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1bfjk4dz0vxG6jcixJkqaaV_pcA90L4c&ll=35.45612263743427%2C139.63493745&z=14
[2] https://www.roseeventnannies.co.uk/