As you register for IETF 117 and begin booking your hotel accommodations, we
encourage you to visit the direct Hilton website [1] and compare the public
room rate to the IETF-negotiated room block rate. For this particular meeting
you may find that you can get a lower room rate by booking directly rather than
using the IETF room block link.

Typically, when booking the IETF room rate you will be offered a lower rate
than what is available to the general public, however, occasionally hotels may
offer special incentives to encourage other travelers to stay with them. We
call this to your attention now because we want to ensure you receive the best
possible rates available.  For IETF117, we will receive credit for all rooms
booked within and outside of our room block, so your reservation will still be
supporting IETF, no matter how you book.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out directly at
supp...@ietf.org.

[1]
https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/rooms/?ctyhocn=SFOFHHH&arrivalDate=2023-07-21&departureDate=2023-07-27&room1NumAdults=1