Hi!

This note serves as a reminder to fill out the survey about the IETF 125 venue.
 All registered participants in a past meeting between IETF 114 and 119 should
have an individual and non-shareable survey invitation via email with the
subject "Qualtrics Survey: IETF Survey on IETF 125 venue" from
“nore...@qemailserver.com”.  The survey will close Saturday, 27 July 23:59 UTC,
2024, the day after the end of the IETF 120 meeting in Vancouver.

# Did not receive the survey?

The IESG or the IETF LLC have received sporadic reports of the survey email not
being received.  Please check your spam folder as some participants have
reported delivery there.  If the survey email is not located there, please
contact exec-direc...@ietf.org.

# Corrections

There are two corrections to the original announcement:

* The correct subject title of the survey email is "Qualtrics Survey: IETF
Survey on IETF 125 venue".  Previously the suffix of “Qualtrics Survey” was
omitted.

* The provided reference for venue assessment reports cited the original
reports
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/ph216mZaUexR18dj_pkZrtWwn_k/).
  The venue assessment for Shenzhen was updated in June 2024.  See
https://www.ietf.org/media/documents/IETF_Shenzhen_Venue_Assessment_Report_2024-06-11.pdf.

# Explanation of Survey Flow

The IESG has received questions about the survey flow.  Just as is done for the
post-meeting survey, the questions in the survey use a conditional logic –
follow-up questions are determined by the answer to previous questions.  For
clarity, the full survey is as follows.

==[ full survey ]==
Q1:  Would you ordinarily expect to participate onsite at an IETF Meeting in
Asia?
a) Yes - I would expect to participate onsite
b) Maybe / It depends
c) No - I would expect to participate remotely
d) No - I would not expect to participate at all

[IF Q1-answer is (a) “Yes” or (b) “Maybe/ It depends”, THEN Q2 ELSE end-survey ]

Q2:  If the IETF were to book a meeting in China in March 2026, how would that
affect your planned onsite participation?
a) I would still plan to participate onsite
b) I would not plan to participate onsite

[IF Q2-answer is (a) “I would still plan to participate onsite” THEN Q3 ELSE
end-survey]

Q30: Would you expect there to be any adverse impact on your ability to
contribute to the IETF standards process or IRTF research groups, while onsite
at an IETF meeting in China?
a) Not at all / Not in a meaningful way
b) Some
c) Significant