On 2/6/23 10:34 AM, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
On Sat 04/Feb/2023 04:45:15 +0100 Michael Thomas wrote:
On 2/3/23 6:25 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

But with respect to replay: Even if To and Cc are signed, there's nothing in DKIM requiring that they reflect any identities present in the envelope.

That's not the point. The point is that they are leaving clues to that the message is suspicious. Not signing To and Subject looks very sketch.

As I said: a preponderance of evidence. As always with spam detection.

Does that mean that, in case the submission server doesn't trust the current author, it should create a signature where To: and/or Subject: are not covered, in order to rise suspicion at receivers?

That sounds convoluted.  I still prefer i=bulshit...@gmail.com.

No, I'm saying that the sender can publish what it does and what the receiver should expect. That no difference in kind to the "we sign everything" for p=.

Like, say, sh=From|To|Subject|..."

There are probably many other things that the sender can tell the receiver about their practices as well. That's why the original draft was called Sender Signing Practices.

Mike