On 3/7/23 2:46 PM, Jim Fenton wrote:
Section 3.4:

I would always expect an inbound filtering service to do SPF/DKIM checks and apply an Authentication-Results header field with the result. Are there any that don’t?

I don't think we should count on Auth-res being there or not. As I mentioned previously, there is a wealth of possible meta information produced in the act of verification that is not necessarily transported by the Auth-res header. Frankly, I'm not sure why Auth-res needs to be brought up at all -- by the time it is applied, it has already fallen into the black box of the receiver of which we know little about.

Mike