On Fri 24/Mar/2023 18:42:28 +0100 Dave Crocker wrote:
On 3/24/2023 6:45 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 3/24/2023 6:42 AM, Laura Atkins wrote:
We currently have two problem statements to discuss for adoption.
Wei is merging 'mine' into his.  (Note mine was done as a variant of his.)

For folks new to IETF processes, it might be worth explaining that contributions about an existing draft are usually anchored in specific suggestions for adding/changing/removing text.  This ensures that a) whatever concern is being raised is clearly linked to a specific part of the draft, and b) provides concrete, candidate text to evaluate.  This quite reliably develops movement towards document completion.

Sometimes, this process does not converge to the satisfaction of one or another participant.  Their usual response, then, is what I did: I wrote an alternative.  In my case it was explicitly derivative, with a goal of getting either chosen or merged.  In other cases, it might be completely independent.

Working groups often get bogged down debating concepts.  Having concrete text to review, debate, and decide about tends to mitigate against the infinite delay that staying at too high a level often produces.

Wouldn't make editing faster using GitHub tools?

Nest
Ale