From: Ietf-dkim <ietf-dkim-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Barry Leiba
<barryle...@computer.org>
Date: Thursday, 3 August 2023 at 9:15 PM
To: dcroc...@bbiw.net <dcroc...@bbiw.net>
Cc: ietf-dkim@ietf.org <ietf-dkim@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ietf-dkim] Call for adoption results:
draft-ietf-dkim-replay-problem Adopted
> A point I was trying to make in earlier posts is that this topic does
> not seem to me to warrant anything close to that much effort on
> producing background text.
>
> Especially when we so far seem to be lacking cohesive effort to
> formulate serious technical and operational 'solutions' and the
> community support to field them.
>
> We need a lot more focus on the recruiting industry
> support/participation and on formulating technical specifications that
> will be used.

This I completely agree with: we saw a great deal of interest from
M3AAWG about this, and the discussions there led to discussions here
that got this working group started.  But since then we've seen no
apparent interest in following through, apart from the few who
actively drove the chartering.  I agree that we need to see broader
interest in working on solutions and broad assurance that those
solutions will be implemented.  There's been talk about having a
session at the October M3AAWG meeting in New York, and I'll be
interested to see what results from that.

Barry