Dave Crocker wrote in
 <e59bbaa2-945c-4ed8-85b4-3a79ebc8b...@dcrocker.net>:
 |On 2/5/2024 9:43 AM, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
 |> It is debatable whether it is useful to display authentication
 |> information to the end user.  Personally, I like to see it.
 |
 |At scale, there is no debate among UX professionals.  Its presence
 |varies between useless and confusing, for typical users.

I *totally* disagree.
It is also a matter of education.
See in Germany (and Europe) we now have traffic lights on packaged
food, from red over yellow to green (in i think 6 steps), so
people will learn not to eat chips, sugarized cereals, and
chocolade.

 |Since some miniscule portion of the user population might like to see
 |it, for whatever reason, it could make sense to make it available, but
 |not as a default.

If a graphical user interface gives you a green "ok" button to
click, or "red" otherwise, that is even better as in browser URL
lines.  Then pop up a tree-view of message modifications and
alertize where it broke, checkbox for is-this-really-an-evil.

--steffen