[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
--- Michael Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That is not correct. The local part of the i= is intended to
provide a binding to the local part of outside origination
headers, not just the domain part. Which is why it is,
in fact, a primary goal.

One only has to look at Yahoo's web mail interface to
understand what significance they place on that binding.

Eh?  Which binding is that particularly?

As I understand it, Yahoo's web mail interface identifies the verified domain
with a message like:

  "Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by
*verified-domain*."

So your users all understand that "verified-domain" means
that means From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead of  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
is what's really believable? Somehow I'm guessing they aren't
going to make that distinction, even if that's technically true.

FWIW, I'm comfortable with that misunderstanding; it puts
pressure on the domain holders to make it true far more often
than not.

                Mike