Perhaps, but a stable base for future enhancements that will actually have
some utility is not, I would think, something useful.

Unless the output of this putative group would at least enable a receiver to
reject a 'bad' message or have more confidence in a 'good' message there is
no incentive for either senders or receivers to deploy.

It would seem to me that there is a necessary tie between the identity being
signed, some e-mail identity that end uses actually see, and some type of
sender policy declaration that would allow receivers to have some idea how
to interpret the presence, absence, and validity of signatures.  Unless we
can get to at least that, then I don't think we've accomplished anything
useful.

Scott Kitterman