-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Mark Delany
Sent: Wed 1/18/2006 5:59 PM
To: ietf-dkim@mipassoc.org

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 11:38:53PM +0100, Eliot Lear allegedly wrote:
> Mark Delany wrote:
> > Given the religion, I wonder whether both are entirely reasonable and
> > leave the choice to the particular list implementor.
> >

> I know I don't want to take on the argument of which is reasonable so
> applying guidance for both and for clients in the face of both is
> important.  Particularly for whether or not you protect the Subject line
> and how at all to limit length, and or resign.  There are some serious
> UI issues there.

The very early thinking back at DK-00 was that a participating list
might sign List-ID. The idea being that List traffic is distinctly
different and that a verifier/UA might sensibly treat such traffic
differently in the presence of a List-ID. Subsequent revisions went
down the path of generalizing that to Sender.

In retrospect, I'm not sure I'm a fan of that generalization as List
traffic is so different that it need not be squeezed into a
generalized category that otherwise is almost completely absent in
real-life traffic.

Mark.