Mark Delany wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:45:31PM -0500, Tony Hansen allegedly wrote:
>
>> As promised at the dkim meeting, I'm resending a suggestion about o=
>> that was sent in November and again in February.
>>
>> At the Wednesday meeting, it was suggested that we replace the single
>> character o=? (etc.) tags with tags like o=WEAK (etc.). The thrust of
>> the messages was that we should use something that is even more meaningful.
>>

> One question Tony. Are you assuming that TXT will remain as the only
> Policy/Practice retrieval mechanism? If a new RR is eventually
> described, does that obviate the need to anglicize the current format?
> Or does that depend on when "eventually" is?

Given that:

- There is only a small deployment of SSP records at this point
- There are good reasons for going to a new RR
- Unlike key records, there's no way to advertise whether to do a TXT or
"new RR" query for SSP

it seems like there are good reasons to accelerate the definition and
adoption a new RR for SSP.  In its most terse form, the "practices"
could mostly be defined as a number of independent, one-bit values.  In
any case, spending a lot of time on a definition that assumes TXT
records doesn't seem productive.

-Jim