Douglas Otis wrote:
>>> J. Otis, i= parameter        Jabber Status: review on list
>>> http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003762.html
>>>
>> Same message same issue.
>>

> Sorry, I had copied this link from the agenda. Here is the correction again.
>
> http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003763.html

Now issue 1294.

>>> L. Otis, signature expiration    Missed on agenda due to time and
>>> neglected.
>>> http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q2/003765.html
>>>
>> This is not a new issue, and has been covered at great length.
>>

> This issue only relates to the RECOMMENDED recommendation.  This change
> is recommending OPTIONAL instead, as there is no practical means to use
> this parameter safely as described.  Do you recall that being covered?

The text of "RECOMMENDED" was scrutinized somewhat by a co-chair on the
mailing list on a message on 7 April 06 at 3:50PM IST (that would Irish
Summer Time).  William Leibzon directly suggested making the text
optional on that same day at 12:09PM PDT.  Although not responding
directly to Mr. Leibzon, Paul Hoffman argued against optional in a
message sent at 12:52PM PDT.  Mr. Leibzon reiterated his recommendation
during the poll on 4/11/06.

Eliot