Making statements about a generalized 'other' that are thus irrebuttable due to
lack of specificity is a bogus rhetorical move.

All SSP can do is to tell the recipient to expect a certain level of security.

I sign some mail is usefull provided you know which mail is and is not signed.
The selector mechanism I have described allows those semantics.

What you cannot have is mail that does not have any selector.