----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Otis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Hector Santos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> SMTP is not an end-to-end protocol.  The store-and-forward
> feature of SMTP means _any_ email-address may not be the
> final destination for a message.

As far as the initial author concern it is.  You are referring to
a relay forwarding of an email address to another address. But to get to
this node, the initial path did reach its destination.  The author had no
clue that a forwarding of the address would be taken place.

Same wave length?

If so, a DKIM verify domain who would be receiving an email targeted for its
MDA would verify the message, and need be, then forward it hopefully to
another DKIM ready domain.

> This may create a exploitable conflict for generating bounces, or may
> cause important messages, where added security matters, to be lost or
> rejected.

For this particular item,  how so?  An example of an exploit would be nice.

> > I personally see this as a "highly desirable" feature that would
> > add a few stars to a software package.  I also see this as
> > something very desirable in a social, vendor or business network.
>
> The final destination of a message must be considered unknown.

See above.

I am not sure Doug if you were describing a new solution or explaining why
it won't work.

I just need to see why it won't work.

---
HLS