On Aug 18, 2006, at 2:12 PM, Hector Santos wrote:

The "invalid" flag is not needed, but Hector will want to be able to
list who signs even when the 2822.From is not validated.

Ok, I really don't care how you guys do it.

The bottom line is that DKIM-BASE is unprotected and fails to answer the
following questions:

   o  Does the domain ever distribute mail?
   o  Do you expect the mail to be unsigned?
   o  Do you expect to sign all mail?
   o  Is your domain the exclusive signer?
   o  Are 3rd party signers or signatures allowed?

All this is answered by offering a list of designated domains and then indicating whether the list is exclusive.

   o  Are 3rd party signers allowed to strip your original signatures?

This is redundant when a list of designated domains can be asserted as being exclusive.

This is a 2822.From policy, and as Jim has pointed out, when allowing a list, a means to signal whether the 2822.From addresses should be considered valid is needed. I think being able to differentiate between scenario 1 and 2 is also important. This introduces the concept of two flags "All" (signed) and "Only" (these used).

A desire to include sources where the 2822.From is not valid requires three flags: "All", "Only", and "Invalid."

-Doug

_______________________________________________ NOTE WELL: This list operates according to http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html