Graham Murray wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Wietse Venema) writes:

My point is that SSP alone cannot distinguish between mail from my
Bank and mail from a Criminal who pretends to be a slightly different
bank.  It distinguishes only the stupid criminals who send mail in
the Bank's name without signature by the Bank.

Surely the Bank's SSP means that the criminal will not be able to send
mail in the banks name as he will not have access to the Bank's signing
key. Therefore such mail, irrespective of how stupid or clever the
criminal is, would not carry the Bank's signature. The criminal would,
of course, be able to send from a domain which makes you think,
erroneously, that it comes from your Bank - which is a different
problem entirely.

+1. Thank your Graham.

phishing also includes the form of using a "correctly spelled" domain name. I just got one from eBay this morning which is 100% directly on pay with nearly everything that was discussed here, include the PHISHER awareness that new systems are taking into the account the SENDER.

Here is the relevant DNA of the message: