Douglas Otis wrote:

> ADSP also purports as being applicable at MUAs.

Point, that has to be removed, John's draft apparently
already fixed it.  ADSP cannot discuss the fine print
of offline MUA uses, Webmail, POP3, IMAP, and what else.

> An algorithm that necessitates exceptions to retain
> operability for crucial systems, should at least
> declare the necessity in the draft.

The necessity is that looking for _adsp._domainkey is
pointless when the domain does not exist, and to get
implementors / receivers to support ADSP they have to
be aware of this fact, and decide what to do with it.

> It seems ADSP should also suspend efforts in how to
> validate a domain and move this to a separate draft.

STD 13 will do for existence, and when folks prefer a
more elaborated 2821bis check, the poll will tell us
to adopt John's proposal (some variant of MAY).  The
idea is again to avoid pointless checks when receivers
already have a better 2821bis "nomailfqdn" result.

> 2606bis has expired

I've recently started a fresh attempt, if approved it
creates an IANA registry of reserved TLDs.

 Frank
--
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ellermann-idnabis-test-tlds