Look at the definition of relaxed header section 3.4.2. It talks about
stripping/reducing WSP (SP and TAB) characters, unfolding lines,
removing CRLF before continuation lines, and doing case folding. It
doesn't mention anything about treating any other characters specially.

        Tony Hansen
        t...@att.com