>Key Records:
>
>1) 4871bis-compliant code SHOULD be able to use
>   4871-compliant key records
>2) 4871-compliant code SHOULD be able to use
>   4871bis-compliant key records
>
>Signatures:
>
>3) 4871-compliant code generated signatures SHOULD be
>   verifiable by 4871bis-compliant code
>4) 4871bis-compliant code generated signatures SHOULD be
>   verifiable by 4871-compliant code

By SHOULD, I'm assuming we will remove some of the cruft, so that
signatures that didn't depend on exotic use of the cruft will still
work, e.g., an l= value is the actual body length so the body hash
covers the whole body, or an x= value is in a reasonable range.

The practical effect as far as I can see is only that we have to
reserve the key letters of the stuff we take out so it's not reused
for something else in DKIM N+1.  It already says that unrecognized
tags are ignored.

R's,
John