(responding in-thread because this has two vote-changes.  but I also raise
questions for which responses should be on new threads. /d)

On 1/22/2010 9:39 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
>> 3. Other 3rd-party signing issues (New protocol?  Info doc?)
>
> Yea on the informational document, pending evidence that an actual protocol
> is needed.  (I always support more informational documents, in the constant
> presence of evidence that the industry as a whole doesn't fully understand
> all the implications of DKIM and its related work.)
>
> Nay on the protocol until presented with evidence that this is an actual pain
> point.

+1 on 3 as a discussion effort, rather than specification effort.  (I had
missed
the distincton.)

However, what is needed, beyond the Section 5.5 discussion already in

    <http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-dkim-deployment-10.txt>?

That is, this effort would need very clear goals.  (Obviously discussion needs
to be on separate thread.)

>> 6. Specifying ADSP/forwarder guidelines for re-signing (is this different
>> from mailing list issues?)
>
> Yea.  (3, 5 and 6 can all be combined into a single document, I would
> imagine.)

Perhaps, but again, what is insufficient about Section 7.3 of the Deployment
doc?

d/
--

   Dave Crocker