On 18/May/10 07:08, John Levine wrote:
>>>      A DKIM-aware resending MLM is encouraged to sign the entire message
>>>      as it arrived, especially including the original signatures.
>>
>>Would I as an MLM want to resign a message that I received that itself
>>was not signed?  Do I want to confer more authority to that message than
>>is warranted?
>
> Yes, of course.  The signature means that this message really truly
> came from the mailing list, as opposed to being a random piece of spam
> that happened to resemble list mail.

+1. However, may I ask how does the verifier know which signature is
the one that belongs to the list? I can think of

* look at the MAIL FROM domain, à la SPF (breaks forwarding),
* have the list's domain in a white list (requires maintenance),
* use some of the "List-*" fields (which one?)

Apparently, section 5.4 doesn't cover this point.