On 8/9/2010 3:57 PM, John Levine wrote:
>> DKIM and ADSP evaluation are not performed during an SMTP session, unless the
>> session is delayed after the crlf.crlf, and that's not supposed to happen.
>
> Why not?  My MTA usually does a whole spamassassin run between the end
> of data and the ack.  It adds maybe five seconds, at a point where 5321
> says the timeout should be ten minutes.

It's considered bad form to hold up senders that way. For one thing, it adds
non-determinacy at a point which can produce retransmissions.

I'm sure you're not the only one doing it, but as I recall, the standards to no
institutionalize anything that forces it.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking