I don't agree, at least not in the architecture I have in mind.  The verifier
(e.g. a mail plugin of some kind, or an internal function of an MTA) is in a
position to conduct rejections as it sits very near the SMTP portion of a
delivery.  The receiver, more likely an MUA or such, is less likely to have any
direct influence.

> Also, section 5.6 is still entitled "Pros and Cons of Signature
> Removal",
> and yet the body of that section contains no "Cons".

The first paragraph describes a "pro" of leaving them in (i.e., enabling
preservation of chain of responsibility), and the second describes a "con"
(i.e., if that's a goal, now the MLM might have to change its behavior to do
so).  The next paragraph describes a "pro" of removing them, etc.

> And also, in 5.7 s/The MLM could re-evaluate exisiting signatures/The
> MLM
> could re-evaluate existing signatures/.

Fixed for the next version.

> Evidently, my draft to allow changing the From: has not been
> incorporated.
> Would it be worthwhile calling a straw poll on that one?

It didn't appear to have the support of rough consensus, so it wasn't included.
 You could indeed request such a poll to see if that's changed.