On Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:55:25 am Steve Atkins wrote:
> On Oct 13, 2010, at 8:07 AM, Rolf E. Sonneveld wrote:
> > or
> > a special selector (e.g. s=notifications), to identify the different
> > nature of this mail stream?
>
> No. Never do this.
>
> Selectors are an operational convenience for key rotation and
> ease of domain delegation. They have no semantics beyond
> being used to query DNS to find the public key.

Sure.  That's the right answer from a standard POV, but if I can extract
statistically significant information by segregating mail streams by selector,
I'll do it anyway, I don't care what the standard says (no, I haven't done
this analysis yet, so I don't have an opinion on if one actually could do it
or not).

Scott K